Opinions on Betrayal League? (PoE)

As those of you who have been playing Path of Exile in the past few months know, Betrayal just ended.

Personally, I jumped back into PoE at the beginning of this quarter after a couple years off, and man has it changed... But that's besides the point.

What did everyone think about Betrayal?  I personally picked up 100 or so uniques and shaper items, but items aren't everything after all!  I think the whole idea of interupting a syndicate's progress and interrogating is pretty neat, but it got tiring to enter a new map only to get ambushed by 3 immortal syndicate members (especially when my rare map gives them extra health and elemental resist).  Also, the safehouse runs weren't really that cool.  I expected something with a puzzle or at least flashy, but it was just a sprint through a few hundred monsters and humanoids right into the "boss" which was only a weak IS member.  Not to mention the whole trapped chest feature which would be cool if there were 20 chaos inside with a 2 second time frame, but instead it was something along the lines of 8 jewlers or a few chroms.  

Anyways, just some personal opinions after running a few characters (and trying out Hyrbid's molten strike build) in Betrayal.  I haven't tried the new league yet (trying to understand this class) but I'm excited!